Leadership isn’t a science, it’s about opinion, assessment and judgement. Consequently, you’ll need an armoury of skills and experience to manage the variability and unpredictability of your role. That’s why…
We developed our Active Leadership course to give leaders the insight and breadth of skills demanded of them by the people they’re entrusted to lead.
Our leadership development course has been designed to highlight and tackle the complexities of leading people. The unpredictability of how differently people interpret and respond to events makes leading people a dynamic challenge. It will help leaders to hone their skills of engagement.
Active Leadership Modules
Active Leadership consists of six modules designed to give leaders and aspiring leaders practical support to develop their leadership capabilities and confidence.
Introduction to Leadership
We’ll introduce two new leadership styles and identify some of the pitfalls that dilute and activities that enhance the leadership role. You’ll also gain:
- An insight into the responsibility that comes with leadership
- A range of tools to help you prioritise your focus
- A sense of how to develop an entrepreneurial spirit within your team
As leaders, the task is to make sense of uncertainty by combining our judgement and experience with thorough analysis. In this module you’ll understand the:
- Importance of uncertainty to stimulating creativity and innovation
- Significance of experimentation to reducing uncertainty
- Value of engaging the teams’ collective knowledge to assess future outcomes
Evidence Based Decision Making
Evidence Based Decision Making (EBDM) is an essential component in the leadership toolkit. This module will help you to:
- Introduce Evidenced Based Decision Making techniques as part of your standard decision-making proces
- Encourage a culture of experimentation and measurement
- Adopt Evidenced Based Decision Making techniques to win over sceptical audiences
Encouraging Creativity & Innovation
Everyone has the capacity to use their imagination to do things differently. In this module we’ll help you unlock this talent and confirm the important role creativity & innovation play in:
- Building and retaining a competitive edge
- Galvanising the contribution from every colleague
- Developing enhancements to existing processes and services
Goals & Priorities
Goals identify the ambition of the business whilst priorities define the individual actions and timescales for achievement. This module will help you to:
- Define your own goals & priorities and the detail required to make them come to life
- Understand the need for S.H.A.R.E.D goals if success is to be achieved
- Align individual and collective goals & priorities
Constructive Performance Management encourages healthy tension between achievement and potential and the means with which to bridge the gap. In this module you’ll appreciate the:
- Difference between Performance Management and performance measurement
- Importance of input measures to understanding performance
- Value of performance management in building constructive dialogue
“Leadership is a gift. It’s given by those who follow. You have to be worthy of it.” General Mark Welsh.
To embed new learning, build confidence and bring about behavioural change, each module contains practical work-based assignments and each learner is supported by their own business coach.
Classroom and forum for
Assignments and workbooks for offline working
Business Coaching to experiment and embed new learning